The Trinity Pacific Church Community Garden (TPCCG) is intended to provide space for our church members and people from the neighbourhood to grow healthy, organic food. It is also intended to be a place where community is built by the exchange of gardening knowledge and resources.
This community garden is an initiative sponsored and supported by Trinity Pacific Church, but we invite all gardeners to be part of the planning and decision-making of the garden. Occasional meetings help you to be informed and to contribute your ideas and suggestions. We are particularly looking for garden members who would like to be on a planning committee. Time commitment is expected to be one meeting per month.
We look forward to working together to make this season a fruitful and enjoyable experience.
As a TPCCG member, you agree:
- To pay an annual fee of $35.00 per plot.
- To garden organically. Chemical fertilizers and pesticides are not to be used. Use only natural fertilizers.
- To maintain plot in an orderly fashion. Gardeners are responsible for planting, cultivating and maintaining their garden plots. Gardeners are responsible for weeding their plots throughout the season, keeping them tidy and for clearing their plots at the end of the growing season.
- To help maintain the TPCCG grounds. Gardeners are responsible for keeping the area outside their plots weeded, trimmed and tidy. Paths must be kept level and clear to allow access.
- To not smoke, use alcohol or other substances in the garden, and to treat other gardeners with respect.
- To attend at least two work parties per year. Gardeners must contribute at least 15 hours per season in the maintenance of the common area.
- To care for common goods. Gardeners are to treat the shared tools with care, clean off tools and wind up hoses before storing and ensure the tool shed is properly locked before leaving the premises.
Contact: Jane Zahradnik – 604 363 6976